Hawaii is a beautiful place. One of the great ways to discover the beautiful surroundings is by hiring a car. The stunning coastal drives the place offers are perfect as you cruise on a jeep. If you are wondering how to rent a jeep in Hawaii, there are some things you should be aware of.
Jeep Wrangler rentals can be on the pricier side. It also makes it a bit difficult to look after your belongings. Still, renting a jeep is one of the ideal ways to explore the island. Keep reading to know where you can rent this specific vehicle in Hawaii, the pros and cons of this rental, and how much this rental costs.
Areas to Rent a Jeep in Hawaii
If you want to rent a jeep, it is likely that you will be ready to look around a bit to grab the ideal deal. You can rent this vehicle in Hawaii from various places, such as Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar Car Rental, Enterprise, Hertz, and more.
- Alamo: You can find a Jeep Wrangler 4-door rental at Alamo. 2 door jeep rentals are also available. Find out which one is ideal as per the number of people you are going with. The islands of Hawaii, Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Molokai have Alamo offices.
- Avis: At Avis, you can rent Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4X2. It has an iconic look and a wartime design. The Jeep Wrangler is equipped with part-time 4WD systems. It can handle any kind of weather, and you can take it to mountains, beaches, or deserts. Offices of Avis are across Hawaii, including its islands. You will find them at Hilo, Kahului, Honolulu, Kona, and Lihue.
- Budget: Budget gives inexpensive Jeep rentals. You can find a 4-wheel drive Jeep Wrangler capable of handling rugged terrains. It is weather durable and has a powerful engine. There are ten Budget office areas in Oahu, Hawaii, and Maui.
- Dollar Car Rental: Dollar offers many 4×4 rentals. You can find full-size and premium SUVs as well as 4x4s for your Hawaiian trip. It specifically offers Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for a tropical Hawaiian vacation. The rental company has locations in Kahului, Kailua-Kona, Honolulu, Hilo, and Lihue.
- Enterprise: You can rent a 4 or 2-door Jeep Wrangler from Enterprise. It also offers Wrangler Rubicon in its location in Honolulu. Go to airport locations in Honolulu, Kahului, Hilo, Kapalua-West Maui Airport, and Lihue Airport to rent a jeep.
- Hertz: 2 or 4-door Jeep Wranglers are available to rent at Hertz. It has an American Collection of Jeep rentals. From convertibles to muscle cars and trucks, the company offers it all. You can go to its relevant geographic region on Maui, Hawaii, Oahu, Kauai, and many significant airports.
- National Car Rental: National Car Rental offers compact SUVs and Jeep Wrangler 4-doors. You can find its locations in Hawaii as well as the islands of Maui, Oahu, and Kauai.
- Payless Car Rental: 4-Door Jeep Wrangler is available at Payless Car Rental as part of its Standard Recreation Vehicle class. As part of its Mid-Size SUC class, you can get a Jeep Renegade.
Read Also – AAA Car Rental Discounts
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Jeep in Hawaii
The cost of renting this vehicle in Hawaii differs because of various factors. So, there is no single answer to this question, as the rental price will depend on location, seasonality, insurance, and other factors.
To get a reasonable price, it is best to make a reservation earlier. Currently, the demand for rental cars in Hawaii is very high. Jeeps are one of the most in-demand vehicles. So, you can expect them to be pricier than the usual compact cars. Still, renting a jeep here is less cost heavy than renting another vehicle, such as a convertible.
The cost of the rental also depends on your travel dates. Jeeps are considered a special kind of vehicle by some rental car companies. So, they ask you for a much greater deposit. Note that even though jeeps are four-wheel drive, the rental company officials can nullify your contract if you offload in the jeep.
So, if you plan to drive on unpaved roads, check these details regarding your contract. It will help you eliminate extra costs for car damage when you return the vehicle.
Factors affecting car rental prices in Hawaii
Here are a few important things you must be fully aware of if you are considering renting a Jeep.
- Plan for the rental early – The car rental price will increase as the holiday season approaches. So, find out the costs beforehand and make appropriate reservations that you can cancel without additional payment.
- Besides the base rates, there are other rental taxes and fees. These include general excise tax, which is up to 4.71%. Another is the state motor vehicle fee, which is $5 for a day. Vehicle registration costs up to $1.45 for a day.
A Like Post – Does Enterprise Rent Electric Cars
Advantages of Hiring a Jeep in Hawaii
Jeeps are stronger and more efficient than regular rental cars. They can handle any kind of weather and terrain that a regular car cannot. 4-door jeeps are significant in size. They are an ideal option if you are two people and have additional luggage. Jeeps are also convertibles.
Pulling off the T-tops from a rental jeep is easy. This allows you to experience the amazing Hawaiian weather and have great fun. Some of the rental jeeps in Hawaii come with soft tops. This enables you to take the whole roof downs. If you are able to rent a jeep at an affordable cost, you will have a great time going through Hawaii. They solve the issues of space and moving through different terrains in Hawaii.
Some additional advantages include the added ride height of the car, which helps you get a great view of the stunning Hawaiian landscape.
A jeep has a great personality and is able to handle a lot of terrains and extreme climates while you tour Hawaii. You can book a rental from any of the places described above. However, ensure to rent at the earliest to get the best deals.