The Hertz Corporation is a renowned U.S. car rental company that operates with the name Hertz brand. It gives drivers cars on rent for any budget and occasion. The best thing is if you or your friend is a member or a part of the American Automobile Association or the AAA, you will be eligible for availing of some great discounts at Hertz. There are many AAA rental car discounts at Hertz, such as limited-time promotions, special deals, and a 10% discount on international car rentals.
Hertz also gives various additional perks and benefits to AAA members. All of them are fully free. This blog will aid you to understand the various discounts and benefits you can get at Hertz as an AAA member.
- Up to 25% off base rates: AAA members get 25% off on most car rentals.
- One free additional driver: AAA members get one free additional driver.
- 20% off accessories: AAA members get 20% off accessories.
- Early bird discount: AAA members get 10% off when booking 21 days in advance.
- AAA Rates Match Guarantee: Hertz will match the price and give an additional 10% off if you find a lower rate from another company.
What Is The AAA Rental Car Discounts At Hertz Today?
As of today, AAA members can get up to 25% off base rates on most car rentals from Hertz. They also get one free additional driver, 20% off accessories, and an early bird discount of 10% off base rates when they book their rental car 21 days in advance. Additionally, AAA members can take advantage of the AAA Rates Match Guarantee, which means that Hertz will match the price of a rental car from another company and give you an additional 10% off.
To get these discounts, you will need to show your AAA membership card when you book your rental car. You can also book your car online and enter your AAA membership number in the discount code field.
Please note that these discounts are subject to change, so it is always best to check with Hertz for the latest offers.
What are the Different AAA Discounts at Hertz for Members
AAA members receive several kinds of discounts at Hertz. All of them are explained to her.
AAA discount codes
This is hands down one of the significant perks of renting a car from Hertz while being an AAA member. You will receive a 20% discount on the base price. It is applicable when you rent the vehicle in non-airport and airport areas. The duration of your renting the car does not matter. You may rent for a month, a week, or a day.
Drivers are still eligible for the discount. Besides this, there is also a 10% discount on prepaid rates.
Among other things that Hertz offers to AAA members are special promotions. These run for a specific period. They make your car rental being an AAA member at Hertz all the more exciting.
You can use these coupons with the discount code to make the most of the deal. Remember that the promotions run for a specific period only. So, you must act accordingly to leverage them. Also, they are only applicable to specific kinds of rentals.
Read Also – AAA Car Rental Discounts
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Hertz has a prestigious program, the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. It offers some exclusive deals to those who are a member of this loyalty program. You must sign up or register for this program before making your reservation with this car rental company.
You will have the support of dedicated customer service as well as reservations. As part of this rewards program, Hertz offers a Hertz Gold discount. It is up to 10% when the driver makes the online booking.
There are also additional email offers for car service information, discounts, prize draws, and the like. The 10% Hertz Gold discount is applicable to the lowest publically available rate. This is the rate that matches your profile when you make an online booking.
If a person reserves a mid-size or higher-class vehicle, they can access various models and colors. These are available at no additional cost.
Other AAA car rental discounts at Hertz
Apart from saving up to 20% off the base rate in the U.S. and Canada, AAA members can also save 10% off this rate on Hertz rentals booked internationally. There is 10% off on all prepaid rates.
AAA members can also add a driver and a child safety seat without incurring any cost. Not only that but if you’re an AAA member and fall between 20 to 24 years, your ‘young driver’ fee will be waived. This means you don’t need to pay the car rental fee. You can save 50% off SiriusXM satellite radio.
Some additional perks for AAA members
Hertz car rental company gives its members many opportunities to save on extras. These can add up and enable you to save tremendous money in the long term. Some additional perks that people with an AAA membership get at Hertz include the following:
- The young renter fee that is waived helps you save $29 each day.
- The free infant car seat brings about savings of $13.99 every day.
- If you are an additional driver with an AAA membership, you can drive for free. This will encourage savings of $13.50 for every person every day.
- If you do not breach any of the terms of the rental agreement only, then your loss of use fee will be waived. Otherwise, you’ll need to pay for it.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account users can leverage more benefits. These include skipping the counter.
A Like Post – How Much Is Enterprise Deposit
The Process to Optimize Your Car Rental AAA Discount at Hertz
Did you know that members can maximize their discount at Hertz? Follow these instructions to do so.
- Visit the official Hertz website.
- Here, find the Offers page. You can find various options listed on the website.
- Choose one that you like and tap it.
- When you do so, a Promotional Coupon or P.C. code will be applied.
- This coupon will be on top of the standard AAA discount for Hertz car rentals.
- Input your zip code.
- Now, tap the ‘Find my CDP’ button.
- When you do this, your local AAA code will be added to your reservation data at Hertz.
- Ensure to input the relevant code in the CDP and P.C. fields.
- Finally, input your search data.
- Now, hit the ‘Book as a member option’ button.
How to Save Money on a Hertz Rental Car
- Book online: You can usually get a better deal if you book your car online.
- Avoid peak times: Rental car prices are typically higher during peak times, such as holidays and weekends.
- Consider a smaller car: Smaller cars are typically cheaper to rent than larger cars.
- Be flexible with your dates: If you can be flexible with your travel dates, you may be able to find a better deal.
- Look for coupons and promo codes: There are often coupons and promo codes available for Hertz rental cars. You can find these codes online or in your local newspaper.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am not upgraded to the Gold Plus Rewards of Hertz?
If you do not upgrade to the Gold Plus Rewards but still have points left, they will expire. You will also be unable to earn more reward points on any of your future rentals.
Do I need to pay for Gold service after one year?
You don’t have to give any money for the Gold Plus Rewards Membership after a year. There is no such fee associated with this program.
How do I redeem my points at Hertz?
To redeem your points, go to Hertz.com and make a reservation. On the homepage of the platform, choose the option ‘Use my Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points.’ Choose a suitable option for your Hertz redemption. After that, continue to the final reservation. Alternatively, you can use the Hertz app to redeem your points.